Etobicoke, ON — December 13, 2011 — CDW Canada, a leading provider of technology solutions for Canadian organizations in the public and private sectors, today launched its fourth annual Teaching with Technology™ Contest, providing Canadian educators, school administrators and IT staff the opportunity to win information technology for their classrooms and schools*. With a total prize value of $21,000 this year, the contest begins today and runs until Wednesday, February 29, 2012. This year’s contest also features a new video component, allowing educators to submit video entries.
“Now in its fourth year, the Teaching with Technology Contest was created to highlight the innovative ways in which Canadian educators are leveraging technology in the classroom,” said Mary Ann Yule, Vice President and General Manager, CDW Canada. “As winning entries from previous years have shown, IT is extremely influential on education. Through the use of technology, teachers are capturing the attention of tech-savvy students and enabling these young Canadians for future success in our predominantly IT-based world. We’re excited to once again have the opportunity to reward teachers and administrators that are building technology into their lesson plans and curriculum.”
To date, CDW Canada’s Teaching with Technology Contests have awarded more than $69,000 in prizes to Canadian educators and administrators.
How do you teach with technology?
Teachers and administrators of K-12 are eligible to win prizes in one of four ways:
- Story Contest: Entrants are invited to submit stories between 200-500 words that describe the role technology plays in their schools or classrooms. Two winners will be selected by a panel of expert judges to each receive a CDW Canada gift certificate valued at $5,000, which can be used towards the purchase of CDW Canada Teaching with Technology sponsor products.
- Video Contest: A new component this year invites educators and administrators to enter via the Teaching with Technology Video page. Entrants are asked to submit videos no longer than three minutes in length, demonstrating how they are incorporating technology into their classrooms and the benefits they are seeing as a result. The winner of this contest, selected by a panel of judges, will receive a CDW Canada gift certificate valued at $5,000, which can be used towards the purchase of CDW Canada Teaching with Technology sponsor products.
- Tweet UR Tech Tale Contest Entry: Entrants are asked to tweet entries (with a 140-character limit) describing how technology is used in the classroom. One winner will be selected by a panel of judges to receive a CDW Canada gift certificate valued at $500, which can be used towards the purchase of CDW Canada Teaching with Technology sponsor products.
- Sweepstakes Contest Entry: Featuring two categories — Educators and IT professionals — this contest will result in a total of eight winners who will be drawn at random (five educators and three IT professionals). Winning educators will each receive a CDW Canada gift certificate valued at $200, which can be used towards the purchase of CDW Teaching with Technology Sponsor products. Winning IT administrators will each receive a CDW Canada gift certificate valued at $1,500, which can be used towards the purchase of CDW Teaching with Technology sponsor products.
Deadline for entries in all contests is 11:59 p.m. ET on February 29, 2012.
“Our paperless classroom is 21st century learning! We use computers to find, analyse, create and distribute information,” said Richmond Hill, Ont. teacher Stephanie Ratti, a grand-prize winner in last year’s contest. “New equipment has helped us extend this paperless classroom from pilot project to a reality for many students in our school. How many more students can we engage through technology? With help from contests like this, the possibilities are endless.”
The CDW Canada Teaching with Technology Contest continues to receive support from a variety of the company’s technology partners. Sponsors of this year’s contest include premier sponsor HP; gold sponsors Cisco, Epson and Lenovo; silver sponsors InFocus, Logitech, Targus and Xerox; and bronze sponsors Brother, D-Link, Ergotron and Tech Smith.
- Complete rules and regulations for all contests are available at www.TeachingwithTechnology.ca
- For more information about the contest and to read last year’s winning submissions, please visit www.TeachingwithTechnology.ca
- Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/teaching_w_tech
- Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TeachingwithTechnology
- For more information about CDW Canada, please visit www.cdw.ca
* The Contest is open to legal residents of (who are currently living in) Canada. Residents of (who are currently living in) Quebec are not eligible to enter the Contest.
About CDW Canada
CDW Canada Inc. (http://www.cdw.ca/) is a leading provider of technology solutions for organizations in the public and private sectors. As a trusted advisor for small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs), CDW Canada provides a single destination for organizations to research, inquire or purchase virtually any technology solution that they require. Customers benefit from one-on-one relationships with knowledgeable account managers who are backed by a team of highly certified IT specialists. Through successful partnerships with more than 350 leading technology manufacturers, CDW Canada draws from a comprehensive selection of 160,000 technology products to help customers find the best technology to meet their unique business needs. Headquartered in Etobicoke, Ontario, CDW Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Vernon Hills, Illinois-based CDW Corporation. In 2010, CDW Canada ranked #36 and #16 on Best Workplaces in Canada and Great Workplaces for Women respectively.